Sunday, October 4, 2015

Crock Pot Recipe: Paula Deen's Potato Soup

Look what I made today for lunch! It was sooooo good! I decided to share with you the recipe, because I know some of you like using the crock pot and others, like my self, want to start using it more often. 

The only thing I used the crock pot for is to cook pinto beans and lasagna. That's because that's the only things I feel comfortable cooking in it. I joined a group on Facebook called Crock Pot Meals and I'm getting the courage to try new recipes in my crock pot. I'm so excited! My family liked this Potato Soup so I'll be making it again.



Paula Deen's Potato Soup Crock Pot


Ingredients: 

1 bag (30 oz) frozen hash-brown potatoes
2 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
1/2 C chopped onion
1/3 tsp ground black pepper
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
Garnish: minced green onion, Cheddar, shredded, and bacon

In a crock pot, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours. * (I added the Bacon Bits too).

Stir in cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined.
Garnish with green onion, and/or Cheddar and bacon if desired.


Note: I added a 3 oz bag of Real Bacon Bites. Also, I know the recipe states to stir in the cream cheese, cook for 30 minutes. I left mine for a hour until the cream cheese melt completely. As you can see in the "after" picture you can see some of the cream cheese pieces. This picture was taken at the 30 minutes. I left it cooking a little longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment